September 26, 2016

Negative People and Making Friends

If you have read my previous posts, you would know that most of high school I was socially absent.

I was the person, who never found their place, socially.  I never went to Prom and went to but one school dance.  I spent the nights of school dances, depressed.  Saying, why can't I be the one having fun.

I also would say, that I never had many friends.  I would spend my weekends with my parents.  Yes, you read that right.

Through high school, it was pretty much the same thing each year.  I learned a lot throughout those 4 years and finally made some awesome friends.

I still struggle, I'm shy, what else do I have to say.  I'm scared of what people think of me.  I went through high school with people whispering behind my back mean rumors about me.

I was always weary of who I made friends with.  I always second guessed my friends, when I realized that my true friends were the ones who stuck around through those times and never failed me.

What I'm trying to say here is, no one can define you.  Don't listen to what other people to say about you.

You are the one that controls your own future.  Go out and join something that you enjoy and do it for yourself and the friends will come with it.

It's a process, you're not just going to wake up one day and have a plethora of people wanting to be your friend.   Start with one person that you have similar interests with and go from there.

xoxo,
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment